Friday 6 January 2012

My thoughts on Drama

Drama (Task 1)


As we begin our journey at the start of 2012 of exploring the riches found in English Studies, it is important for you to think of what you intend to gain from this subject. I hope it is not a matter of merely doing well in your exam. Rather, I hope you will find that your love for literature will grow as you discover that this is not for the faint-hearted.

This semester, we will study two plays namely: Florence by Alice Childress; and King Lear by William Shakespeare. These plays may appear daunting to some but if you give due attention in class, you have nothing to fear.

For this week, you are required to blog on the following:
  • Would I be willing to spend my money watching an excellent play/drama? Why?
  • What do I expect from a good play?
  • Do I feel comfortable to act in a play? Why? 
Yours truly replied:
        1. Yes, because of the satisfaction when coming out of the theater worth the money.    Also, the play or drama will be one of my sweetest memories.
        
        2. I expect that the actors perform or acts very well. What I mean is that the actors will try their best in giving life to their characters and thus touch the feelings of the audience.  Furthermore,the set and the props should be vivid in order to actually make the audience feels the play is realistic.




         3. No, because i am not good at acting something than doing something for real. anyway i am better off being a crew for a play because i have pretty good skills in handling the technical part of the play behind the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment